If you live in Canada, I hope everyone is celebrating the wonderful country we live in! If you live elsewhere I hope you are having a fabulous day!
It FINALLY cooled off! Thank you rain and thunder showers! It smells amazing outside right now! So fresh and clean!
I decided to do something fun for my look today, just grabbed anything that jumped out to me. There was no initial vision at all with this look. Here is what I used:
- For my base I used Tarte Amazonia Clay 12 hr Full Coverage Foundation. Before that I used a small amount of NYX Studio Perfect Photo-loving Primer to help brighten my skin. (It’s the purple one.)
- I concealed/highlighted with Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer (I used a beauty blender for my foundation and my concealer.)
- To finish my base I used Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone to highlight the high points of my face. Again I used a beauty blender to do this.
- To set my base and give an intense golden glow I used Toofaced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight powder.
- I added a splash of colour to my cheeks with M.A.C Cosmetics Global Glow Mineralized skin finish. Go easy with this product, it is quite dark, so you only need a little dusting. Especially if you are as fair as I am.
- I very quickly ran Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil in Dark Brown through my brows to give them a bit better shape. Nothing too exciting there. My brows are quite full to start with, so really I just use the pencil to define my arches.
- For my eyes I went in with some Makeup Geek shadows. With a fluffy taper brush, I used Barcelona Beach and Moondust to softy cut my crease. Then with Makeup Geek’s foiled shadow in Magic Act, I went in with a flat shader brush and packed that all over my lid. To blend the lid and crease colours together I used Makeup Geek’s Chickadee on the same fluffy taper brush to soften the edges. I then took Chickadee on a small detail brush and dusted that close to my lower lashes and then deepened the colour with Barcelona Beach. If you guys have not used Makeup Geek before, you NEED to get your hands on it. Their products are amazing. I have never seen eyeshadows that are so creamy, so pigmented and SO AFFORDABLE!!!! Marlena, you did a FANTASTIC job!! A bazillion thumbs up for your shadows.
- I popped on a couple coats of Tarte’s Lights Camera Lashes and BAM! Eyes were finished.
- Last but not least I used my favourite nude lipstick (for my pigmented lips) of all time. LOVECRAFT studded lipstick by Kat Von D. I swear this colour is the most beautiful cool toned pink I have ever seen. And it smells amazing.
I couldn’t get this colour for the longest time, it was so popular it had sold out everywhere. So when I finally spotted it in a Sephora I literally yelled “IT’S MINE!” I love this lipstick. It’s the only nude that actually looks like a nude on my lips.
To set everything into place I sprayed some Urban Decay Setting Spray all over my face and I was good to go. If you would like the link for the UD setting spray, I tagged it in my last blog, “Warm is an Understatement.”
Hope all of you had a wonderful day. I know I did!!
Until next time!