Oh. My. God.
It’s so freakin’ hot.
Seriously. Who ordered this. I’m fine with warm weather, but this is hot.
It’s also terribly smokey outside! Like I can hardly see the buildings downtown. You can smell the smoke in the air and it stings your eyes and throat. It’s nasty. I’ve been told there is a fire near Pemberton that is causing all these smoke issues. There are other fires too, that aren’t helping the issue but this fire near Pemberton has grown 24 times its original size over night!!! It’s insane! Hopefully they can get it under control soon…. Scary stuff.
I wanted to take a moment to talk about some new skin care that my sister picked up for me. She had a guest speaker in school that sold her on these products and I have to say, so far so good.
The brand is called Moor Spa, and they are inspired by everything that nature has to offer. All their products are 100% natural. Honest. Nothing is synthesized or fake in any way. Their claim to fame is Moor Essence. Which basically just looks like brown goo. It’s not the most appealing product to look at, but whatever works right? This Moor is a type of nutrient rich peat that has not seen the light of day for thousands and thousands of years. It’s packed full of goodness and is great for many different things. (This information has been cited right from the Moor Spa website, I have inserted a link up above so you guys can take a look at the products.)
They have a full line of skin care products, everything from moisturizer to toners to exfoliants to relaxation balms. My sister went through all their products and this is what I picked out!
- Make up remover: This sucker works pretty well actually. It doesn’t have much of a smell, just kind of clean. Nothing too strong or obnoxious. I have only used it once so far, but it removed everything without too much trouble and it left my skin feeling really soft. My skin didn’t feel tight, or stripped of moisture. I liked it. I will have to try it will a fuller face of make up to see how it holds up. But so far, only positive things to say about this product.
- Hydrating Toner: Oh my goodness, this stuff smells divine. I can’t quite describe exactly what it smells like. But it’s fresh and energizing, hints of lavender and maybe… like… (I’m sitting here smelling it for you guys…) lime?? It says on the bottle juniper and seaweed, but this smells better than what I imagined seaweed and juniper to smell like. Anyway, it’s brilliant, best toner I have ever tried. It comes in a spray bottle, which I really enjoy, it’s great. I want to spritz myself with it 24/7.
- Hydrating Moisturizer: I really like this product. A little goes a long way. At first it feels really thick and heavy, but once it settles into your skin it loses that heavy feel. I can really feel it locking moisture into my skin, almost like a barrier. Again, it doesn’t really have much of a smell. Just clean, fresh, barely there sort of smell. I like this so far. No complaints.
- Facial Polish: This is just a gentle exfoliant/ cleanser. (I wouldn’t use this to remove make up by any means, it’s not meant for the eye area,) I really liked this product. I used it in the shower the other day and it smells so good! Light and minty. So refreshing. Like the other products it doesn’t leave my skin dry or tight. My face was so soft afterwards too! I will definitely continue using this product.
- Cover Cream: This is by far the coolest product I have ever seen in my life. It is this weird primer/ BB cream. The fact that it’s a BB cream isn’t weird, it’s the fact that it’s a universal colour…. and it’s grey. Like legit ashy grey. I pumped this out onto my hand and was like ugh… “this ain’t gunna match nothin’!” BUT IT DOES!!!!! You can see in the picture that it is the weirdest ashy colour on my hand and then I rub it in and BOOM. It’s gone! It is the coolest item ever! I really like it. On your face it just smooths everything out and evens skin tone and texture. Under foundation, it makes all products go on smoother and last a little bit longer, I think. I will have to try it out a few more times but two thumbs up for this product!!
- Lip Balm: Just a straight forward, all around good, lip balm. Smells minty, no complaints but it really isn’t anything too exciting either.
- Tension Balm: So this is a cream that helps soothe tension headaches, muscle pain, migraines and so forth. I got it because I can get really bad migraines. Like, laid up in bed for days, or admitted to the hospital, kind of nasty. Luckily I have not gotten a migraine in while, so… yay me! So I thought I would give this tension balm a try. I used it the other day when I had a kink in my neck from reading on the plane, it feels so good! It smells like peppermint, and when it’s applied it feels very cool on the skin. Then it kind of fades away for a while and then it slowly comes back. I really, really like this stuff. And my aches and pains went away! That’s the important part! If/when I get a headache I want to try this on my temples to see how it holds up. Two thumbs up for the tension balm!
So that is all the products I picked up. There are tons more on the site, all suited to whatever skin issues you might have. As you can see, I like hydrating products. Not that I have dry skin per say, I just find hydrating products help to keep my skin from becoming dry. (DUH.)
See anything you like? Take a look at the Moor Spa website. Their products are just so innovated, and very intriguing. I really like the products I purchased so far, I will keep you updated with how my skin is looking. None of the products have made me break out, so that’s a bonus, hopefully it stays that way. (Even Teddy likes Moor Spa products, now that’s saying something!)
There may be a good chance I will be heading out to do some shopping later… if I do, expect a haul post. Because let’s face it, I never go anywhere and buy just one item. I buy all the things. It’s a problem, an addiction if you must. But I just keep telling myself, at least it’s not drugs or alcohol. I could be a back ally hooker… Makeup has saved me, really. HAHA