So I recently came to the conclusion that as a beauty blogger you should be pretty good at doing almost every beauty task in the book. Then I laughed because I clearly need help. I suck at a lot of things… Which I probably shouldn’t be telling people about, but what the heck! I am human, I have faults… and these 5 things I suck at are what make me unique… And in all honesty… even though I “suck” at these things, I am able to laugh at myself, and that makes everything okay.
- Winged Eyeliner. Like really, who else is with me on this. How many people can bang out an EXACT match on each eye. Probably very few, and those who can, deserve a medal. Because my wings are ALWAYS crooked. And for some reason I have one eye that always turns out stellar and the other eye looks like I tried to draw with my left hand. (I am right hand dominate.) I probably spend most of my time trying desperately to get my wings right…. Tips are welcome.
- Cleaning my Brushes… So yeah, this one is pretty gross. I really should be cleaning my brushes like every time I use them… Or at least every other time. They are lucky if they get washed every other month… Gross I know… But I only ever use them on my face… So it’s just my recycled cooties… but still… it’s wrong. I vow to the Makeup Gods that I will try to be better! Amen!
- Lip Liner. Should be fairly straight forward right? Just follow your actual lip line. WRONG. I have no idea why, but I might as well be trying to line my lips in the dark, because it looks about the same. I can do my bottom lip, but then when I get to my top lip, and focus on my cupids bow.. BOOM! Adrenaline kicks in, hands shake, my lip quivers, I start sweating and all of a sudden I have mega over drawn lips on one side and weenie under drawn lips on the other…. (This may be a wee bit of exaggeration, but you get the idea.) By this point I have vetoed lipstick all together and head straight for a gloss. I also find this really ironic because I call myself Lipstick Tech! BAHAHA! Man, do I have you guys fooled.
- Matching My Foundation to My Skin. You would think by this point in my life, I would have a pretty solid idea of how pale I am. I mean, I only see my skin EVERY SINGLE DAY, MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. Well think again. If I do not have someone physically colour match me, I ALWAYS choose a foundation that is too dark. ALWAYS. Like Breanna, c’mon. You are a pale princess, get it together. For example, I just picked out a new powder foundation, and it was called Ivory, and I think to myself, “Dude this looks dark… But it is called Ivory… It should be good… No it looks quite dark… Nah, it’s good. How dark can Ivory actually be…. I can make it work.” So I tried it this morning… I could seriously pass for a pumpkin. It is too dark. Like WAAAAAY to dark. Ugh! Fail.
- Putting On Mascara. Yes, that is right, putting on mascara. I almost always end up getting mascara on my eyelid, side of my nose, on my cheek, it could even end up in my brows. I really have to concentrate with my mascara… This sounds horribly silly, but I do. Deep breathe, steady, steady now, that’s it, doing great, relax, pull wand away slowly, breathe out. Done. Ha! Really, I am so clumsy it’s a wonder I can actually do make up at all.
What are some beauty tasks you struggle with? I would love to hear your stories.
Until Next Time