So I thought I would do a make up look that is simple and sweet for those long winter days when you just don’t know what to do with your face. Nothing too fancy, but something that is sure to get you noticed.
My go to look for winter includes a bold lip, winged liner and lashes. That’s it, nothing too elaborate. No crazy contouring, no bright blush, just a clean base with a sharp pop of colour on the lip.
Here are the steps and the Products I used to create my base:
- I started by colour correcting any redness by using L’oreal Magic Skin Beautifier Anti-Redness BB Cream. Just apply where pigmentation tends to show through. (It even does a good job hiding dark circles so this went under my eyes as well…)
- Then I went in with NARS All Day Luminous Foundation. I just buffed a light layer of this over my skin. I didn’t want to look cakey or heavy because I was going for a bold lip, so I kept the skin quite natural.
- I concealed and highlighted under my eyes in a triangular shape up to my temples with Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer.
- I set my base with NYX HD Finishing powder. Concentrating more powder under my eyes and on my eyelids to reduce the chances of creasing.
- For brows, I just brushed them out with a spooly. If you need to fill in your brows and set them, go right ahead.
- I used M.A.C Blush in Harmony to define my cheekbones slightly and to give a natural pop of colour to my face. I also used this colour in my crease to define my eyes. Just use a tapered fluffy brush to buff a small amount through your socket bone.
- Then I popped Champagne Pop highlighter along the cheek bones, nose and just above my eyebrow. I also tapped a small amount onto the centre of my eye lid to brighten my eyes.
- I used Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper to give myself a dominate wing. The key to liner is to start small and work up. If you start big… it can end up a mess. Build that wing slowly, and always stop to check you are symmetrical (or as close as you can get). You can always tell where your wing should start by following the curve of your lower lash line and flicking out from the edge of your lashes.
- I added a decent amount of mascara to my top lashes only.( I used Maybelline Lash Sensational.) Again because I am using a bold lip colour, I wanted to keep my eyes wide and light, so I didn’t add mascara to my lower lashes.
- I lined my lips then filled them in with a dark liner. This was just a Sephora colour that I have had for a while… the writing is worn off so I can’t even tell you the name. Just pick a liner that is similar to your lipstick.
- Apply lipstick. Use bold colours, deep reds, bordeaux’s, plums, purples, browns, even a grey would look good with this look. I used NARS Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte.
Hope you guys enjoyed this walk-through. What are your favourite winter looks for everyday?
Until Next Time