Whaddya know! A favourites list of lipstick!!
I sort of (re) fell in love with Kat Von D’s liquid lipsticks this month… So I decided to compile a list of my favourites…
- Outlaw– a true brick red. Very flattering on just about every skin colour. I would show you a swatch of Outlaw… but my sister seems to have burgled this from me… the booger…
- Nosferatu– besides having a kick ass name, this colour is amazing. Deep, rich, blood red… with hints of brown. The best fall/winter colour around. Boom.
- Exorcism– not as scary as it sounds. This colour is a deep plum, again very nice for fall/winter. I also think these deep rich colours look AMAZE BALLS on fair skin. Maybe that is why I have so many of them….
- Bow N Arrow– it took me FOREVER to get my hands on this sucker. But my wonderful momma managed (somehow) to gift this to me (mom powers) as a Christmas present and I have been wearing it all over the place. It is a pinky brown, with a wee pinch of terracotta? It is a very unique colour. You gotta try it.
- Lovesick– this colour lives up to it’s name. I loved it the moment I tried it on. It is a soft, dusty pink with hints of lavender. It also combines with Bow N Arrow for THE BEST nude I have ever seen (for my skin anyway). Try it!
NOTE: Yes, some of the darker colours look streaky, calm down, use a lip liner and you will be fine. I swatched these on my arm without primer, liner, foundation, or any other sort of base.
A handy tip to point out with these liquid lipstick is that you can layer them! Lots of the other liquid lipstick I own instantly clump up, flake off and generally look awful as soon as I layer them. Kat Von D has crafted a lovely formula that allows for mixing and mingling of multiple layers of product.
The first colour is Bow N Arrow mixed with Lovesick. You can really see the terracotta of Bow N Arrow show through. after that, from left to right, is Lovesick, Bow N Arrow, Exorcism and Nosferatu.
What are your favourite liquid lipsticks?
Until Next Time,