First of all…
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Welcome 2016! I am looking forward to what you have in store!
I had a friend over the other night and she had a couple blog post suggestions and the one that inspired me the most was a skin care post.
I haven’t actually told you folks what I use on my skin. So I figured it would be a good idea to do so. I have used a lot of different skin care products. From drug store to high end, and I had never really found anything that seemed significant enough to repurchase. Until I stumbled across the line I am using now.
I suppose it was a good idea that I waited to tell you about what I use on my skin until I actually found something I truly liked. There is no point in promoting a product that you don’t actually like.
For the last… 6 months..maybe more… I have been using a Body Shop line!
THE BODY SHOP!
My friend didn’t realize The Body Shop had skin care, so that surprised her. They have all kinds of skin care! For men and woman! (My fiancé loves their shaving line, that’s all he uses.) For all types of skin, and for all kinds of skin issues.
The products I have been using like a religion is from their Vitamin E line. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and it is supposed to help reduce the look of stress on skin.
The first thing I liked about this line was the smell. It is mildly perfumed with rose oil. It’s just lovely.
Second thing is that they carried an array of products. Sometime you see a brand that only does cleanser and toner or just moisturizers and nothing else. Well, this line has EVERYTHING. Toners, cleanser, make up removers, oils, eye creams, different types of moisturizers, night creams, the list goes on. It is a complete line.
Third, this line is very gentle on skin, and it focuses on hydrating/moisturizing skin. The cleanser does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry after use, and it does not irritate my eyes! BONUS! I have found that other makeup removers will burn or make my eyes water, this line does not!
There are 8 Vitamin E products that I use (not necessarily every night) are:
- Gentle Facial Wash: this is a cream cleanser. It does not foam, (hence no eye irritation, as there are no foamy bubbles creeping up towards your eyes…) and it leaves my skin feeling silky soft. A little of this product goes a long way, so it lasts for a good period of time.
- Hydrating Toner: huge bottle for the price you pay. Again, it is a gentle toner, no burn of alcohol and it leaves my skin feeling soft and supple.
- Moisture Cream: non greasy moisturizer that really saves my dry skin in the winter. I use this on days when my skin needs an extra boost. It is very nice to use at night as well, it’s not too heavy but it’s not too light either.
- Nourishing Night Cream: heavy night cream for when I am feeling extra dry. I only use this once a week, if that. It is heavy but my skin looks bright and fresh in the morning.
- Illuminating Moisture Cream: THE BEST PRODUCT EVER CREATED! Okay, I know most of you are probably thinking “Why would you ever put a cream on your face full of chunky glitter?” Wrong! It comes off as this soft, pearlescent sheen. I use it as a day cream and I get that “glowing from within” look. It is beautiful alone or under a full face of make up. If they ever stop making this product I will die. I have repurchased this product three times. That’s saying something. Because I never repurchase skin care.
- Overnight Serum-in-0il: a very nice, fast absorbing oil for extra hydration. I don’t use this very often, but when I have dry flaky skin (which I get in the winter around my nose and between my brows) I break this baby out.
- Eye Cream: helps reduce puffiness in the under eye area. I use this if I haven’t had a good night sleep, or after a long day at work. It is a nice under eye product.
- Face Mist: A nice reviving mist that can be used during the day. It is super refreshing during the long hot days of summer. But I usually spritz this over my skin before applying moisturizer and the rest of my daily make up.
If you are interested in any of these products you can see additional information/prices on The Body Shop’s website that I have linked above.
What are your favourite skin care products?
Until Next Time