The bane of existence in the makeup world.
A perfect conceals can’t be too heavy, can’t be to thin, has to cover everything, can’t crease in fine lines…. the list goes on and on.
My all time, hands down, favourite concealer of life is expensive….I don’t know about you, but I have a hard time spending 35$ on a product that lasts 1-2 months. So I went on the hunt to try and find something of similar quality and consistency for a fraction of the cost.
Being the Nancy Drew that I am, I found 3 concealers.
THREE DRUGSTORE CONCEALERS!!
One of which is ALMOST identical to my high end product.
So here they are folks, the three concealers that work like high end products without having to sell your soul to purchase them.
- NYX HD Concealer: $7.99CAN
- First Swatch
- This is a good concealer for clear skin with pigmentation issues. It covers pigmentation well, but doesn’t hide break outs as nicely as I would have hoped. It works well for under eye brightening and highlighting of the face.
- Upsides: Large colour range, decent consistency, travels nicely over the skin.
- Downsides: doesn’t cover as well as the other two concealers and the formula is not as creamy as the other two concealers.
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer: $10.99CAN
- Middle Swatch
- MY FAVOURITE!! I kid you not, I think this is the closest dupe to the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer you can find! It is my new go to concealer! And it’s half the price of the UD concealer. BOOM!
- Upsides: It’s creamy, lightweight, covers well, it travels nicely over the skin (a little goes a long way) the packaging is sleek, most drug stores carry this brand.
- Downsides: the colour range is limited for fair skin. I use the shade 15 and my sister uses the shade 10 but it is very hard to find shade 10, so it’s hit or miss if she can purchase it.
- e.l.f Studio HD Lifting Concealer: $3.99CAD
- Last swatch
- Hello! $3.99!! Why wouldn’t you try this!
- Upsides: It is very creamy, high coverage, it has more of a mousse-y texture and it has a natural finish on top of foundation. I don’t find it drying or cakey so it doesn’t seem to crease under your eyes.
- Downside: The colour range is limited. Most of them being more orange/yellow in tone. BUT if you use this under your foundation to cover dark circles, it works wonders. It’s really going to depend on your skin tone and colour if you like this concealer. Porcelain as I am, I still like this concealer, I just use it differently than the other two.
Have you guys tried these concealers? What do you think of them? Are there any others that are dying to be used?? Let me know!
Until Next Time